If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Lagoon

Lagoon is one of our very favorite back to school traditions. This year we had a bit of trouble scheduling the date and ended up having to go on a day that David couldn't come AND the park closed at 4pm. Neither were ideal. However, Jenna, Aunt Amy, and I were all able to come and we made the best of every minute there!  
 
Our very first ride was Primordial - the brand new Lagoon ride. It was really fun, but a little violent in my opinion. Similar to Rise of the Resistance in Disneyland (yes, apparently we are now the people that compare Lagoon rides to Disney rides) but with an interactive element. I didn't love the shooting at people part - but the kids enjoyed the ride and really... good for Lagoon for putting so much into improving their park/future. This was our first ride because we knew the lines would be SO long and they were - almost 3 hours in the middle of the day. We were able to hit it one more time before we left and felt pretty satisfied. 


The kids came prepped with money for candy and souveniers. It was really busy and we didn't go on as many big rides throughout the day, but we went on a ton of little rides and I think the kids were happy with their day. All in all it was a successful and memorable day at Lagoon together! (Note: Jenna might make us go on a not-school day next year in hopes that it won't be so busy, but I'm hesitant. I'm just worried that it wont' be close enough to be an end-of-school celebration, it will be more money AND I'm unsure if the game workers will be as generous when handing out "prize" gifts for the kids and they really depend on that. But it was busy - so maybe we will give Jennas plan a shot next year.)



I found some old pictures of my family at Lagoon and wanted to add them in here. I've always loved Lagoon and remember camping in the little sites next to the park with my extended Walker family (grandma & grandpa and cousins). Once when I was little I won a little turtle stuffed animal and kept it for YEARS. And seriously, look at cute little Shantel in that Lagoon boat. I'm darling.  



No comments: