We have had such a whirlwind of Temple Open Houses lately. It seems that ever since the Saratoga Springs Temple Open House, there has been one open house after another. It's been an incredible thing to experience. I feel so blessed to live so close to so many temples and to live at a time where temples are being built at an ever increasing pace. When I was born, there were 42 temples. There were 35 temples announced in 2023 and 15 more just recently announced at the April General Conference that is more temples announced in the last year than there were when I was born. It is an incredible time to be alive and I am so grateful.
March 16th /April 1st&2nd
We started with the Manti Temple Open House (this one got it's own blog post).
April 29th
The Layton Temple Open House was next. I loved this one so much - I loved the architecture and interior design and that we counted a massive number of pictures of the Savior- almost 30!
May 13th
David wasn't able to come to the Taylorsville Temple Open House, but the kids and I snuck up on a Monday Morning. We counted pictures of Jesus, admired the celestial room, and talked about how important temples are to us.
Not only have we been able to go to Temple Open Houses, but it's also been so neat to attend the temple as patrons with Lydia. I love her desire to serve in the temple, and I love being in the temple with her.
I just want to share a brief testimony of the temple. I feel peace and love while worshipping in the temple. I believe that the temple is a sign that the Lord loves ALL of his children and that by serving in the temple I can show Him my dedication and determined faith. I am grateful to be sealed to my family members forever and feel gratitude each time I am able to help someone on the other side of the veil progress along the path and be connected with their loved ones, as well. I feel empowered as a women and grateful for the priesthood power that comes from the temple endowment and though wearing the temple garment. I am so grateful to live in this time and place where temple access is close and plentiful. It's a beautiful blessing to me and to my family.


No comments:
Post a Comment