
As a student at Utah State, I began learning how to use photoshop. I worked in the computer labs and one of our labs was a graphic design lab with all of the software students needed for those courses. I started teaching myself photoshop and enjoyed playing around with photos. I started to use those skills professionally when I was promoted to be the Public Relations Manager for the computer labs instead of just a lab worker, among other things, I was responsible for digital and physical signage for the labs. David encouraged me to take a Photoshop class, even though it didn't have anything to do with my major - just because I enjoyed it. The skills that I learned during my work and education led me to start my own wedding announcement design business: Red Ladder Design. I have stepped back from that business right now, but it was such a wonderful opportunity, and I still use those skills in my calling, for friends, and for personal projects.
When I was at my house this last month, my dad pulled out this calendar that I had given them for Christmas in 2008. This was one of my projects that I created for my photoshop class - turned Christmas Gift. (It had to use photos and shapes or something like that). My dad pulled it out and was expressing that he didn't want to throw it away because of it's sentimental value but that it's hard to take every sentimental thing when you're downsizing to a home half the size. I told him I would scan in the pictures and then he could throw it away. Here are the scans of the calendar tops, filled with pictures of my family and childhood. Maybe next year I'll create a Shutterfly calendar for them with these files for the top. Or maybe I'll just put them here and enjoy walking down memory lane for a day.












No comments:
Post a Comment