Happy Birthday Lucy-girl! We loved celebrating you on this special birthday. How did you get so big overnight? You went to bed as a 4 year old and woke up as a bright and happy five year old.
We spent the weekend at the Summer Range with the Walker family, which Lucy loved, then drove back to Morgan to stay for Sunday and Monday (David was out of town for a work trip). It was nice to spend her birthday with my parents - I am so grateful that she has such a beautiful relationship with her grandparents and that one of her core beliefs in life is that she is loved by them. I regret that I didn't get any pictures with them, but now that they are going to sell their house, I'm extra grateful that we celebrated her birthday here and we got this picture on their cozy chair with the cheerful yellow wall in the background.
We did presents and then went to the local Ice Cream shop for birthday ice cream.
Lucy got a Pioneer Dress for her birthday in preparation for our upcoming Nauvoo Trip. It's like a princess dress (her favorite) but historical instead of fictional. She wasn't convinced at first that it was a good substitute (she had asked for an Elsa princess dress, even though she already has one), but after she had it on, she was pretty happy with it. I personally adore it.
Five years old is a special birthday in our family because it's the first "Friend Birthday" party year. I didn't do a lot of prepping or planning, but it still turned out great. Lucy really wanted a "Frozen" Birthday with an Elsa and Anna cake. She specified who she wanted to come (three friends and I just texted their mome), and specified that she wanted to watch Frozen together, do an obstacle course, and eat cake. Yes, yes, yes. I made the most darling Elsa and Anna cakes (yay me) and my friend down the street was getting rid of a balloon arch from a birthday party that they held - I grabbed it and it added SO much to the overall festiveness. The kids watched the movie with popcorn and candy that I found in the cupboard, did a simple obstacle course with amazon box filler "poppers" and a few things from the basement (like the balance beam and some boxes), and ate cake and ice cream. I did grab some party favors at Walmart and everyone was pretty satisfied!
Happy Birthday Lucy! You're 5th birthday was a success and I hope it helped you know how much you are loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment