This was Lydia's first year at girls camp and even though we were both a little nervous - we were also both excited and it ended up being a good experience for her! The theme was "Light in the Storm" and the girls went to the Garden City/Bear Lake area and camped in the yard of someone's family cabin. The leaders were fantastic and planned a lot of fun games, spiritual activities, and ward connections. I missed Lydia dearly while she was gone but was so glad that she had such a good time.
Lydia's thoughts:
"I had a lot of fun. Some of my favorite things were when we went to Bear Lake and we swam and played this fun game where you hit the ball up and said "A" and went through every letter of the alphabet. It took us so long to get through without dropping the ball, and the bishop told us he would buy us shakes if we did it. After so so long we finally did it! I also liked playing the game CrossNet.
During the second night there was a really big storm and it was scary at the time (a tent fell on me!) but it helped me understand "light in the storm" a little better. We had to leave our tents in the middle of the night and we slept in the garage.
I liked the testimony meeting and was brave enough to share my testimony. I was a little nervous but I felt good after I was done.
Another thing I liked is that it seemed easier to make friends because during the week activities girls tend to group up, but at girls camp everyone as willing to make friends with anyone else.
Girls camp was really fun and I learned a lot. I'm excited for next year.


No comments:
Post a Comment