The past couple of days i've been feeling very contemplative and in need of a release. So- Today I'm going to steal the idea of a "Dear Thursday" post from my friend Jenna. (Go check her out - she is totally awesome and I love reading her blog. You will love it too. She keeps it real, but very funny at the same time.)
---
Dear people who don't like letters to inanimate objects,
You can stop reading this post right now. If you keep reading - it's your own problem. Deal with it.
Dear Clock,
Why do you move so quickly during my lunch period - but so slowly when I am waiting for the end of a difficult class period?
Dear Sams Club,
I love you because of your cheap bulk goods including, but not limited to: your Chicken and Cheese burritos, your delicious Fruit Cups, your movie theater popcorn oil/salt, and your $2- 3lb package of grapes. (All of which i've eaten today.)
Dear HBM,
Why do you insist on keeping my husband away from me for such long periods of time. I get that you pay him to work for you - but weeklong trips to Beaver and Kemmerer were all I could handle! Do you really need him for Meet the Firms tonight?
Dear Fly in my classroom,
I don't understand why you keep trying to land on my arm. I have a HUGE classroom. Just go buzz around out there. You are making me upset and I am probably going to try to smash you if you continue.
Dear friends who are pregnant/ have a sweet new baby,
You are very lucky. Please remember that. Also, even though I sometimes miss you blogging about things other than your baby - I know that when I have a baby I will be the same way. So it's okay.
Dear September,
I love you because you mean that it is my birthday month! You also mean that the time when I get to wear a trench coat to school every day is quickly approaching.
Dear friends who are reading this post still,
Thanks for reading. I appreciate good friends like you.
8 comments:
Cute post. I may have to steal this idea sometime. You're blog is always so fun.
Dear Shantel,
I love you and love reading your blog posts. I think we should be together 24 hours a day. Also, thank you for making my life so good. You are the sugar that is added to my kool aid packets, you are the butter and salt that goes with my popcorn you... Well you get the idea, I love you and you make my life so happy!
I really love this post! I'll have to try this cute idea sometimes. (I'm always looking for new writing styles to try.)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." --Dr. Seuss
Cute post! I will need to try this soon instead of blogging about my sweet new baby all the time :) I am glad it is September too - birthday month and the start of Fall weather - YAY!
I love reading your blog!! And I love you!!
Love it!
Dear Shantel,
I am that person who only blogs about their new baby. Sorry. I'll work on that! :)
Dear Shantel,
You are such a beautiful person. I can only imagine some of the things that were in your heart at this time. Thank you for being my friend. Your letter to the fly was my favorite.
Love,
Ashley
Post a Comment