Lydia has learned a new skill. It's called... climbing.
She will climb onto boxes, into cupboards, up steps (carpet, wood, or cement), and on top of pretty much anything that is available. We have lots of paper boxes around (you know, the kind that reams of paper come in?) from our move and she can climb all the way on top of them in the blink of an eye if you even turn around for two seconds. I don't have any pictures of that because as soon as I see her attempting to/succeeding at climbing one of those boxes, I whisk her off as fast as possible. I'm afraid she is really going to hurt herself. I realize that the solution is to just not let her by any of those boxes - but give me a break, we are still unpacking.
The other day as we were getting ready to run some errands and deliver some envelopes to a Red Ladder client, Lydia decided that she was going to climb all the way up on the envelope box.
I laughed so hard! She reminds me of an elephant balancing on a ball. As soon as she was balanced on top, she was all smiles and super happy with herself.
Lydia has also learned how to open cupboards and likes to climb up into them. It's so interesting to watch her learn, because one day she didn't pay attention to cupboards at all and the next she was figuring out how to open them and now she won't leave them alone. This cupboard is her very favorite because is it huge and she can fit her whole self inside.
What mom? I'm just hanging out in this little cupboard!
I just love this little girl. I love how sweet she is and I love how adventurous she is. I can only hope that she learns some safety skills along with all those climbing skills. I think that she is definitely taking after her awesome rock-climbing aunt Melissa:
Do you see the resemblance? Maybe I'm going to have to get Melissa over here to teach her about climbing safety and precautions. My little brother Jacob has always said that Lydia was going to be a rock climber when she grows up - and I would say that she is well on her way!
(Shout out to Melissa who really is an amazing rock climber. She's got skills!)





2 comments:
I absolutely love this :) She is so cute! If I have my way she will be a pro climber by age 7 :)
I am so in love with the pictures of her in the cupboard. Totally made my day :)
Post a Comment