My sweet girl. Your dad and I just put you down to bed and I am just sitting here thinking about how much I love you. Our lives are going to change so much over the next few days. I had some pretty mild contractions this morning that are starting up again now and I think this baby brother of yours is going to arrive pretty soon.
I'm excited. You're excited. Your dad is excited. But this moment is also a tiny, tiny bit bittersweet. These are the last moments where it's just you and me. I loved spending this day with you, watching Daniel Tiger and reading books together. I know that things will just get better and better - but I love you so much and I just want you to know...
I love the way you ask me if I'm happy, and when I respond that - yes, I am very happy - you say "I happy, too."
I love it when you ask me to "make you a tail" because Daniel Tiger has a tail.
I love that you seem to understand that "baby brother is in mommy's tummy" but that he will be here soon and how excited you are to give him the darling grey bear that you picked out at the store.
I love reading you books and watching your face light up as you make connections or see things that make you happy.
I love the way you can make everyone around you smile with your excited personality and happy face.
I love your little blonde curls and your blue eyes. You look so much like your daddy and it makes me so happy.
I know that you are going to be such a wonderful big sister, and I can't wait for you to meet your baby brother. Big changes might be coming our way, but some things are not going to change - like how much I love you. So goodnight my darling girl, sleep well and know that you are very loved.
Your Mama.
2 comments:
What a sweet letter to a sweet little girl! Did you seriously write it about 4 hours before Austin was born? That makes it even better I think.
Lydia is really the sweetest girl. I love looking at pictures of her. She is so amazing! Love you!
Post a Comment