Dear Caleb,
I had such a wonderful time with you tonight. You were covered in chocolate pudding after dinner so I decided to put you in the bath while your Daddy did bedtime with your siblings. You always love the bath, but tonight you were especially thrilled about splashing in the water. After getting you all cleaned up, I sat and played with you for a while. There was a little bath toy, a ball, that we played toss with over and over and over. I'd squeeze out the water, then toss it into your lap. You'd giggle, grab the ball and then throw it back to me. After a few throws you'd get so excited that you'd splash your hands in the water while laughing. I started being funny and I'd grab the ball and pull it up by my shoulder then hand it back to you. You would grab it from my hand, pull it up by your shoulder then put it back in my hand - mimicking me. It just about melted my heart.
Moments like this are special to me. Your siblings demand a lot of attention and although they shower you with a massive amount of love, moments with just me and you are fairly rare. I try to take advantage of the minutes that we get. You are special to me, sweet Caleb-love. I'm grateful for your sweet hugs, your baby laugh, and the time that I get to spend with you. I'm lucky to be your Mama.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment