If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentine's Day

Happy Day of Love! And who do we love most at the Peaden Home? 

These kids. 

We kept things pretty low key, but we did squeeze in a few Valentine gifts. You can see some stickers from the Target $ Spot, notebooks we got on clearance in January, and candy canes that we bought for their stockings and then kept in our closet when we decided that they didn't need any more candy for Christmas. They loved it all. #valentineswin

We also managed some Valentine-heart hair, and some pink heart pancakes. I don't think I have a picture of this and I'm SO sad that I don't, because Lydia made her own valentines for her classmates. We bought 4x6 blank white notecards and she colored each one very carefully and taped a small Valentine themed bookmark/ruler that she had picked out at the store. Each card had pictures, lots of coloring, and a note that said "I love you. From, Lydia." 

Earlier in the week, I posted on Facebook volunteering to babysit kids so other parents could go on a Valentine's date (charging $10 a child). So Valentines night, we had a special Valentine Party with a whole bunch of kids. We had pizza and jello-jigglers, made a little heart craft, and watched a Valentine show. It was great - the kids had a great time, and I'm excited for the extra $$ that we have to spend on something fun, 

Because we knew that we weren't going to celebrate ON Feb 14th, David made me a special dinner the Sunday before. I requested Hawaiian Chicken sandwiches and they were A+. I have Steak Bites and Twice Baked Potato Casserole on the meal plan for tomorrow night as a special dinner for David. Our love languages involve service... and food. <3<3<3


We were also able to go on a date last Saturday. It's been 10 years since we met, and this is our 11th Valentines day together. Rather than go too in depth on that in this post, I'm going to write a separate post talking about our 10 years together and what we remember from that first day together and from our first date. But it needs to be said here, that I am SO incredibly lucky to have this man in my life. He means the world to me, and I will always take advantage of every opportunity I have to celebrate him and this love that we share. 

Happy Valentine's Day, from those of us here at the Peaden home, including from this littlest Valentine of ours. He has our hearts and we love him!

No comments: