If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, November 6, 2020

Lydia 8.5 - a Half Birthday post

The past six months have been such a wonderful age for our Lydia. I compiled a few (60+, ha) pictures that I felt were representative of her past six months. Instead of writing about each one, I thought I would put a few highlights/patterns to look for through these photos and then I'll attach the photos for a record of this wonderful girl between the age of 8 and 8.5. 

Happy Half Birthday Lydia. We love you! 
(a half-bundt cake for this girl = half birthday heaven) 


Highlights: 
-Getting Baptized! (such a beautiful day)
-Starting to read Harry Potter
-Grandma and Grandpa getting a dog (in large part FOR Lydia) 
-Lydia finally getting her own pets (two guinea pigs, Rocco and Peppy - which we then had to sell. Man, the ups and downs of childhood!)
Sewing her own quilt. 
Climbing on the roof to set up Christmas lights.  (The highlight of the year.) 
-Designing a cookie as an inspiration picture and having a professional baker create it. 

Patterns: 
-Such a WONDERFUL big sister to Lucy and also to her brothers. 
-Also a wonderful cousin.
-How much she loves animals. 
-She loves to cook and worked hard on a cookbook 
-She likes to explore outside and is brave and adventurous. 
-Being creative.
-Being silly and fun. 



I came across these two photos from when I pulled up some old pictures to compare to Lucy. I can barely believe how much this girl has grown and accomplished since she was this tiny, happy, baby. 
I loved her then and I love her now. 

No comments: