If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving 2020. It was definitely far different than we would have expected, but we were grateful to spend time with family and have good food. 

During the week we tried to follow the prophets challenge to remember and post about gratitude. We made a gratitude wall that our kids could post their things and then Shantel and I also shared some things on social media. 


Bruce came to stay with us for the whole Thanksgiving week. We could not go to my parents house, but instead planned to have Bruce, Amy, Kevin and Michael over for Thanksgiving dinner. 

Shantel's parents recently bought new couches and got a turkey roaster with it and were so kind that they gave it to us. They kids helped me carry it up the stairs. 

Here was our Thanksgiving menu. 

I love working in the kitchen with Shantel and so making Thanksgiving dinner with her is so much fun. We really enjoyed it. 

Here are a few things- Cranberry Jello with cranberry, raspberry, pineapple and a host of other delicious things. 

We had two little turkey's in our turkey roaster. 

Here I am cutting it up- we were taking some to my parents as well, so I wore a mask to protect them while I cut some pieces for them.  




Here is the table and the full spread. 




Then the full group picture. 

Plus our brilliant master chef. 




We were all able to share some of the things we are grateful for and here is a picture of the thing I am most grateful for. Shantel and these kids are such a joy in my life. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: