Here are some highlights from our Christmas Eve celebrations:
Christmas Eve Pizza
This is a Walker Family tradition from my Knowles side. I love it and I'm grateful that we were still able to do it here. We don't have any pictures of it, but we had recently learned that one of Sue's childhood Christmas traditions was to go out to eat at a Mexican restaurant with her family. Because of Covid, we weren't able to do that, but we decided to order in El Farols (Sue's favorite local Mexican restaurant) in for lunch. It was a good food day.
Christmas Eve
Lydia requested to be able to do a Christmas recital for everyone. She'd been practicing all the Christmas songs in an old piano book of mine and did a great job. We enjoyed singing along with her. I read the Nativity Story and the kids opened their Christmas Eve present. A wooden puzzle of the Logan Temple. (I miss temples.)
Christmas Roll
A favorite Peaden family tradition: Christmas Roll and Frappe. I made the roll this year and thankfully it turned out well. I love being able to combine our family traditions to celebrate this special day. I feel especially blessed that I have had Sue to teach, tutor, and encourage me.
Christmas Eve Pictures by the Tree
Christmas Eve Games
After the kids were in bed, we played games. The favorite this year? Pandemic.
Everything set up for Christmas Morning:































No comments:
Post a Comment