In truth, our biggest "prep" for Christmas is our self-imposed quarantine so that we can go and spend the week of Christmas at the Peaden home. We started our official quarantine on December 5th so that we can leave to go to Cal and Sue's house on Sunday the 20th. However, we started unofficially quarantining when the Haderlies were here on the 1-5th. So we will have been in quarantine for almost three weeks. We are just praying that we stay healthy so that we can go and spend the holiday with Cal and Sue and that we don't inadvertently get them sick. We did most of our Christmas shopping in November and tried to get everything ready so that we would be ready to go for quarantine.
Things have been going great. The kids are doing well. We are enjoying the holiday season at home. Quarantine can be tough, but thankfully it's going really smoothly.
Here are a few other things we've been working on to prep for Christmas:
-Christmas Cards. I love sending and receiving Christmas Cards. Lydia has been my big helper for the past several years by helping me write our return address on the cards. I love working on them with her. This year we finished all the cards by turning on several different Musical Christmas Specials (that's one of the best things about Covid restrictions, almost everything is available virtually this year) and listening to Christmas music/presentations while working together.
However, I can never get our Christmas Cards done in one sitting. And it never fails that at one point I will walk in to see my carefully stacked cards like this:
Scattered all over the floor.
This year took it to a new level. I was working on addressing cards while sitting in the upstairs hall waiting for the kids to fall asleep one night. I naively thought "I'll just leave them right here and bring them down with me in the morning." But when I came back to get them the next day, they were gone. A whole bunch of blank envelopes were still sitting in the pile where I left them - but not a single addressed envelope. I looked everywhere and thought I might be going crazy. Finally I asked Austin if he knew where they were and he replied "Yes, Caleb put them in the stuffy bin." Haha. It was true. I found them buried at the very bottom of the bin of stuffies. I legitimately would not have found them until after Christmas if Austin hadn't known where they were. I still have no idea why Caleb thought putting them beneath every stuffed animal we own was a good idea. Ha.
-Jumping on poppers that come in the many many amazon packages that have made Christmas prepping possible this year.
-Wrapping Presents and setting them in piles to go to the different houses that we will be for Christmas. (Got to love a good set of Hallmark Christmas movies to keep you company while wrapping presents.)


-I decided to take advantage of our pre-Christmas quarantine by cleaning out our upstairs toy closet. I feel so happy knowing that it's all organized and ready for the new toys the kids will get for Christmas. It's needed organized for a long time, so I'm glad I had the dedicated time to make it happen!
There is still a lot to do before Christmas, but we are trying to enjoy the season and I'm confident it will be great!
No comments:
Post a Comment