As we pulled into Morgan, Lydia turned to me and said "Morgan is my very favorite place in the whole entire world." She corrected and said "actually the summer range is my very favorite place, but Morgan is my second favorite place in the whole world." I thought that was sweet.
I wonder if she feels the same way that I feel when I drive up to Grandma and Grandpa Walker's house in Lyman. An overwhelming sense of being somewhere that I am loved, cared for, and connected to. We may not ever choose to live in a small town, but I love this place dearly. It holds such a tender spot in my heart and I'm grateful that it is part of my family history and legacy.
We helped by helping and helped by watching. (My Grandma Walker always said "watching is helping".) Some of us were more helpful than others, ha. But we were all there and we were grateful to partipate however we could - from playing on the haystack to pushing cows to giving vaccines.












Branding can be dirty business. Go Melissa!




Branding can be dirty business. Go Melissa!
No comments:
Post a Comment