If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, April 1, 2024

April Fools!

April Fools Day may be one of the kids favorite holidays. I usually try to do some fun and special food items to celebrate - but this day we had planned to go to the Manti Temple Open House together. I knew it wouldn't be a normal April Fools Day (food-wise), but we still managed to pull together a fun breakfast of "Spaghetti and Meatballs". 


Honestly, I'm SUPER proud of these. They are strips of pancake with homemade berry syrup and chocolate pieces for meatballs, served with goblets of sparkling apple juice. It was cute and fun and de-licious. 

I've said this before - but my mom was so good at doing simple things and making it feel magical. I aim for that same balance all the time. This did NOT take much longer than making regular pancakes. There are no Pinterest worthy placecards or fancy decorations, but the kids were surprised and happy and it made for a little bit of childhood magic that will hopefully pay in memory dividends as they grow. 

No comments: