If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, April 22, 2024

Caleb Science Fair

Hi, my name is Caleb Peaden. I like the book “The Seven Silly Eaters”.

In the book Mrs. Peters has seven kids who will each only eat one kind of food. For her birthday, they decide to make her a breakfast of all their favorite foods.


It doesn’t go well.

First Mac’s oatmeal turned out lumpy, which made poor Mac turn Grim and Grumpy.

In fact, the lumps got him so cross, he dumped them in Jack’s applesauce.

This bothered Jack so much he threw it in the dough of Mary Lou.

Who tossed the mismash that that made straight into Lucy’s lemonade.

And that put her in such a huff she poured the icky sticky stuff

Into the double frying pan that held the eggs of Flo and Fran. Who flung the hodgepodge on the spot into the milk in Peter’s pot.

It was a disaster so the kids put it in the oven to hide the mess. When Mrs. Peters wakes up she finds a “pink and plump and perfect” cake!


For my experiment I wanted to know if you could Make Mrs. Peters Birthday Cake. My brother did an experiment about the seven silly eaters but it did not go well. I thought that if we used HOMEMADE ingredients it would work better.

So I made two cakes.

For one I did exactly what the book said. I dumped each ingredient into the next. It did not turn out very well because the inside didn’t cook, so we left it in for a long time and the outside got burned. Then we set it outside and it rained so it was super soggy. However, the top of it looked more like the book than my brothers.


The other we made with all the ingredients but different directions, it turned out much better - It looked like Mrs. Peters birthday cake but tasted more like bread than cake. 

I found that you can NOT make Mrs. Peter’s birthday cake like her kids in the book.


No comments: