If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Staycation 2013: The Tracy Aviary (Part 2)

The second day of our Staycation was spent at the Tracy Aviary. We have pass-of-all-passes and so entry was only $1 each (for David and I - Lydia was free). I'd been wanting to go for a long time, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I'm so glad that we went because it was really fun. Who knew that the Tracy Aviary was so big and so nice. We were really impressed. Lydia loved looking at all of the birds. She is at a fun age where she loved to point and "ooh-ooh-ooh" at each new bird she saw.  I definitely think that we will go back because I think that new things would be fun as she grows up. (We didn't do very much with the interactive displays, mostly we just walked around and looked at things.) In fact, our plan is to alternate years getting the pass-of-all-passes and a membership to Thanksgiving Point. That way we will always have something fun we can go do - but it will be different each year. Anyway, we had a great time walking around. 


 







We noticed that there was going to be a bird demonstration/show so after we walked around for a while, we came into the indoor theater and waited. Lydia crawled around on the bleachers and wanted to walk all around. But once the demonstration got started, she was enthralled. The birds flew around and one of them even painted a picture with several different colors of paints.






And then more walking around... We loved it.  









 


After we were done at the Aviary, Lydia was looking so sleepy. We knew that if we put her in her carseat she would fall asleep immediately. So instead we decided to walk around the big nice park surrounding the aviary to see if she would fall asleep in her stroller. (This has never been done before, by the way. Lydia only sleeps in her carseat and her bed.) We were lucky people and Lydia did fall asleep. Which meant that David and I were able to pull out a blanket and read our books in the grass. Something that we both love to do. She slept for almost an hour while we enjoyed our books. When she woke up we played on the blanket for a while and then headed out. 






The rest of the day was spent at home hanging out. (I think we also went to the store and ran some errands as well.) It was a great day and both Lydia and I loved spending so much time with David. We are a couple of lucky girls, that is for sure!

2 comments:

janette said...

Looks like so much fun! I think I'm in need of a Staycation too! :)

Ashley said...

That would be so cool to see a bird paint!