If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Birthday Boy: David turns 31

31. 

We got to celebrate David's thirty-first birthday all week long and it wasn't even a fraction of how long we'd need to show him how much he is truly loved. 
Celebrations included: balloons to pop each day of his birthday week (with surprises such as massive amounts of popcorn, treats, date night/ice cream, etc...), going to the movie theatre {movie: Inside Out. So cute.}, a special chocolate-banana-toffee cake, and lots of presents (most of which were boring things that he asked for like new dress shoes and such, but also included a fun table-top ping pong game for tournaments after the kids are in bed). 


Sometimes I forget and I start thinking that all of the amazing things this guy does are.. normal. But then I'm reminded just how special he is; just how much effort he puts into taking care of me, into loving our children, into sacrificing many of the things he'd rather be doing for the things that we want him to do, and into being an incredible husband and father. I know it's cheesy, but it's really true- I don't know what I ever did to deserve him, but I'm so incredibly grateful that I get to call him mine.
To you David. To the fact that you put off watching your sports games and checking your twitter until after you've played with the kids all night, helped with the dishes, and I've fallen asleep. To your never-ending patience and kindness. To your funny jokes (including your accounting/auditing jokes). To your ability to find ways to lift those around you. To your enjoyment of watching HGTV and Food Network with me. To your example of what it means to have a testimony of Jesus Christ. To your hard work and determination to provide for your family. To your love of college basketball and college football and your love of your Aggies. 

To the husband and father we adore with all of our hearts. 

We love you. 

(Photo credit: Gentri Fairbourne Photography)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

What a beautiful tribute to a great guy. Happy Birthday, David!

Ashley said...

P.S. I love these pictures!!!

Karli said...

He is a great guy. And these are great Pictures!

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

cute pictures... Happy Birthday David!!