If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, October 12, 2015

David's Birthday Celebration

This David-guy, he's really great. I often wonder how I got so lucky to find him. Really, it's a miracle. I knew that I wanted to do some thing special for his birthday week, but couldn't come up with anything. I was aimlessly wandering around the aisles of the store trying to keep Austin happy and Lydia in the shopping cart when I saw a pack of balloons and knew that this would be perfect. I stuck little papers inside and each day he got to pop a balloon and get a treat/prize. They were pretty simple like, three bags of popcorn while we watched our shows, a bag of cheetos, breakfast in bed, an ice cream date. So nothing big, but something that hopefully helped him feel special. 


His birthday fell on a Sunday, so the weekend before we got a babysitter (thanks Shields!) and went to see Inside Out at the theater. We had a really nice time. The next day we went to Kaysville and went on a hike with David's brother and his family. It ended up being more of a nature walk than a hike, but there was a river and we got to climb around in the river and dip our toes in the water and it was perfect. A lovely day. 

On his actual birthday, we had Stake Conference so we had the majority of the day was open for us (no meetings!). David opened his presents, we ate his favorite dinner (Potato Supreme), I made him a special banana-toffee cake, and we had a really good day. 
 

Happy birthday darling boy! We love you and hope you know how much you mean to us. 

No comments: