What is the golden age of babyhood? I often think that "this stage right now" (meaning whatever stage Lucy is in at any given moment) must be the very best stage. But in truth, I think it IS this stage right now. 

Stats:
18 month clothes. Size 4 diapers. A lot of teeth. (I'm always surprised at just how many teeth she has right now.) Her hair is starting to really come in.
Some things to remember right now:
-She loves her soft pink blanket in her crib.
-She's starting to say more words like: mama, diaper, Lydia, and NO.
-She has the cheesiest grin and it's the best.
-She loves her siblings. Austin and Caleb usually wake up before her and as soon as they hear her they ask if they can go into her. Often they will climb into the crib and they will just snuggle play or chat with each other for a while until I come in to get her. Sometimes Lydia will get her out of her crib, but most of the time she will wait until I come to get her.
-She's quite the explorer. She gets into things all the time: pulling out Tupperware, dumping water out on the floor, climbing on top of the table. She's learning so much about the environment around her and I'm just trying to keep up with her! The other day I left the kitchen just for a minute and when I came back, I found her like this - on top of the counter! She had pushed a chair over to the counter, climbed onto it and used the back of it like a ladder to climb onto the counter. She was so proud, and honestly - I was, too! Anytime she does something like this I'm just so filled with gratitude for how well she can see and navigate this world around her. (Because, if she couldn't see very well, you would think she wouldn't be willing to climb on top of the counter. I don't know, maybe not, maybe she's just really brave and adventurous. Either way - it's clear she's not going to let anything hold her back - not even a too-high countertop.
Here she is helping me build a bookshelf. She's such a good helper.
It also shows one of her quirks right now - she likes to climb into small spaces and hang out there. This blanket holder box is one of her favorite places to get cozy.
She knows what she likes and is determined to get it. Sometimes that's an applesauce packet - sometimes that's getting in the tub even though it's not your turn yet and you still have your diaper on. (She still LOVES the bathtub.)
(That applesauce packet came from her nursery leaders. She's never been to in-person nursery, but her teachers will occasionally drop off a treat and little message and it's so sweet.)
We went swimming, and because it was an indoor pool, I had her wear a regular swimsuit instead of her full length suit. It was her first time in a regular swimsuit and she really enjoyed the water (although the noise of the pool took some getting used to for her.)
She loves to put on other people's shoes and walk around in them. I find shoes scattered all over the house.
Dear Lucy. We love you!












No comments:
Post a Comment