If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Wyoming & Baby Calves

My Dad has been spending a lot of time helping my Grandpa Walker up on the Ranch and invited us and the Haderlies to come and spend the day with them doing chores and seeing all the new baby cows. David helped me pack everything up late that night and we left before sunrise the next morning. The kids and I loved watching the sun rise over the east mountains and Lydia took some pictures of it with the intent that maybe we will try to paint it.

We had a great day. I love spending time listening to my Granpa talk. He told us about growing up life experiences, taught us why the numbers on the tags are the way they are, and expressed some feelings that he's having about getting older. 

He's 85! He's active and hard working and such a wonderful grandpa. 


The kids rode in the tractor to help feed the cows and we got to see them tag a new baby calf. 


I love the way both my Grandpa and my Dad handle having kids come "help" with chores. They really let them get in and help instead of just watch and it's such a great experience for everyone. 


We snapped a couple of photos in front of the old farm buildings. What a treasure. 

Doesn't Lucy make the cutest little cowgirl?

The old Ranch-House Barn, Grandpa with his pet cow (it's so cute, for whatever reason he's particularly bonded with that cow and she'll always come right up to him to get her ears scratched.) Haystacks and adventuring. 




My mom stayed home with Lucy for our last foray to pellet the cows. When I came back, my mom was pushing her on the swing and she was SO happy. 


We ended the day with baths and spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa Walkers house in Morgan. 

I'm so glad that we got to go and spend that time with my Grandpa. I know he won't be here with us forever, so each time we get to spend with him is precious. I go to his house and feel like I'm coming home, in a way that I don't really feel anywhere else. There is such safety and security there. I can almost feel my grandma giving me a big hug and saying with love "Hello Special Lady."

No comments: