Have I ever mentioned why we call my Grandma and Grandpa Walker Grandma-Great and Grandpa-Great? Well, I don't really know why, actually. But we called MY Walker Great Grandparents (Ellis Walker and Kimba Rollins) Grandma-Great and Grandpa-Great and that tradition continued on as my grandparents became the Great-Grandparents. It's a term of endearment and I love it.
Here are some stories that my grandpa told me while we were visiting this last time:
Graduated from Lyman High School. I got a job at a seismograph outfit and we covered all this country and I was in Rollins for a while. My parents were running an outdoor movie theater. I was in Pinedale when I got my draft notice and I got drafted into the army. At that point, Mom and Dad were living in town and running the Lyman telephone company.
In 1953, the last people moved out of the ranch house. The 1953 calendar is still hanging on the wall.
This was the cow barn. The cows would come in and we'd lock them in the stanchions and feed them hay. At that time things were pretty tough and they didn't get much grain. Just hay. Wed put hay up in the loft and pitch it down through the door up here and pitch it into the cows.
(Grandpa told us about when they installed the electric milking machines that used air pressure to milk the cows. All the old piping is still there in the Old Barn.)


No comments:
Post a Comment