Well, Austin is officially 7.5! He's the sweetest brother and most wonderful Austin we know. He's strong, he's kind, he's funny. He loves games. He loves candy. He likes lighting birthday candles. When he's motivated to do something, he focuses in and he gets it done. We are so happy to have Austin in our family.
Here are some things he's been up to lately:
-Rotations with his two friends for a homeschool Science and PE
-Climbing on the roof with Dad after putting up/taking down the Christmas lights.
-A date with mom and dad for his birthday to the new Paw Patrol Movie




-Fall Field trips and Homeschool successes




-Hanging with the Haderlies,
-Making Pancakes (he's the best at this and will happily make breakfast for our family while I clean the kitchen on pancake day).
-He LOVES playing games. Any kind of game. I would say games are his love language.




-He was the most darling African Safari driver for Halloween




-He decided that he wants to read the Book of Mormon before he turns 8. He was able to write his own part in the Primary program this year and this is what he said "I would like to read the Book of Mormon before I turn 8 so I can know how to have the Spirit in my heart."




-He was the most darling African Safari driver for Halloween




-He decided that he wants to read the Book of Mormon before he turns 8. He was able to write his own part in the Primary program this year and this is what he said "I would like to read the Book of Mormon before I turn 8 so I can know how to have the Spirit in my heart."
I've been reading the Book of Mormon with him each night (he reminds me every night) and he sometimes asks me to listen to the audio of the Book of Mormon at bedtime. He's ahead of schedule and is absolutely going to make his goal (he's already 67% and still motivated!) - and I'm so proud of him.




-Winter/Christmas and being SUCH a great big brother. He loves Lydia, plays so well with Caleb, and loves snuggling with Lucy.
-Austin has been playing on a rec basketball team for the past little while and he's really enjoyed it. I'm grateful for Jeff Young, his coach, for always making Austin feel great and helping him progress.




Our Science Fair was a GREAT experience for him this year. Austin worked hard to complete a project called "The Fire Snake". He decided that he wanted to make a carbon snakes using baking soda and powdered sugar. His question was "Does the type of lighting fluid matter when making a carbon fire snake?" He tested hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol, and lighter fluid. It was a great experiment and he enjoyed the scientific method process. He tied for second place in our homeschool science fair! We also submitted a video of his project to the Wasatch Home Educators Network Science Fair and he won the "Best in Class" award!















No comments:
Post a Comment