Our stake does a really neat women's activity each fall where all women 8+ are invited to a weekend in the mountains. There are faith-based classes, fun activities, and lots of yummy food. There is a big stake devotional and also smaller ward-centered times. Last year I taught a class at this event and Lydia was asked to speak at the evening stake devotional. This year, at the combined meeting, I had the opportunity to bear my testimony of the love that God has for each person there, but was free to enjoy the rest of the event with Lydia without the responsibility of teaching a class. It was a lovely weekend!
Lydia and I woke up to go on the 5 am sunrise hike and I was so proud of this Lydia girl. I've been hiking all summer, but it was a 3 mile hike at a fairly fast pace and Lydia did awesome. We reached the crest right as the sun started peeking over the mountain. There is something really neat about starting a hike in the dark under a blanket of stars and watching as the sky gradually lightens until at last the sun breaks over the ridge. I loved hiking this, especially with the Stake RS President, Suzette Peterson who loves the outdoors and whom I love and admire very much.
An activity like this takes a massive amount of planning and effort and I am grateful for all those who worked so hard to make this weekend happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment