If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, August 7, 2023

Summer Kid Dates

We had some really fun kid dates this summer. Here are some highlights:


Lydia and David went to Oliver at the Hale Center Theater Orem. The play is a little heavier (i.e. doesn't end with a happily ever after) but they enjoyed it. 


We took all the kids out to eat at Chilis. We don't go out to eat at real restaurants very often, so this was a real treat. The kids were all very well behaved and enjoyed their food very much. 




Mom & Austin Date to Lagoon. Austin has been saving his money to take to our end-of-school lagoon trip for months and months. When at the park he realized that he had enough money to buy a bounce back ticket. We were able to come, just he and I, and it was a blast. He loved riding cannibal over and over (I rode it 8 times in a row with him until I got so sick that I couldn't ride anymore. He continued until he hit 10 or 11 times in a row). I loved that he still held my hand while we were walking around. It was my favorite day with him. 







Lydia and Mom went on a little ice cream date. We got Gelato at Harmons and sat in the over loft and read our books while we ate. A date of Lydia's dreams. 



More Ice Cream Dates. We took Austin and Lydia on separate occasions to try the new ice cream waffle place called "The Dolly Llama". They have these warm bubble waffles that they wrap around the ice cream and it is super yummy. 

Visit #1


Visit #2
I'm realizing that we didn't take any pictures of our Caleb and Lucy dates. We also took both Lucy and Caleb to get Ice Cream at Thanksgiving Point. 

We like doing kid dates and even though it's not as regular as we wish, having the one-on-one time in our schedule makes a difference. We love these kids. 

No comments: