If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Disneyland: Day 1 and 2 - Travel

As I said before, I felt like there was a ton of prep to go on a Disneyland trip - even more than a regular vacation. I kept going back and forth on making matching family shirts because it seemed a little - but it's a "thing" people do and I knew it would be so fun. I told myself that I'd do it if I got around to it, but realistically didn't think it would happen because I couldn't figure out exactly what I wanted to do. I had purchased white shirts several weeks earlier, and the night before I printed out iron on transfer paper. The next morning I finished packing all of our stuff and ironed the transfers on right before we left. I mean, quite literally, right before we left. I finished the last one and less than five minutes later we were in the car on the road. It felt a little ridiculous and I was rolling my eyes at myself but it was worth it! 

We took two days to drive out and stayed at the Comfort Inn Convention Center in St. George which is the same place we stayed when we went to San Diego. We ate dinner and explored a little around St. George. The kids swam in the pool and Lydia and I got to go do baptisms for the dead in the St. George temple. 


We made it to California the next day and after a quick drive past Disneyland to get us really excited we made it to our hotel! 

We stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort - Convention Center and it was so great. We were upgraded into a suite with a Queen bed and bunkbeds and it couldn't have been more perfect for us. The hotel was really nice and I feel like was a great price. The breakfast was really really nice and was much more than a continental breakfast, it had tons of different hot food options that were all delicious. The bunkbeds also made it so so nice and fun for the kids and the bedroom was separate from the main room/kitchen and that meant we could put the kids to bed every night and then do the prep for the next day to get snacks ready without disturbing the kids. The hotel also had a great swimming pool and hot tub. I would definitely go again. We explored the hotel a bit and finished watching our LAST Disney movie "Wish!" 

The kids went to bed early and David and I were able to stay out in the main area of the suite getting everything ready for the next day: snacks, stroller, outfits, etc... We went to bed excited for the next day!

No comments: