A few things from my March:
We hosted a stake primary training for all of the Primary Presidencies and Music Leaders. We focused on the roles and responsibilities of the primary, had a demonstration of how to utilize the newly installed televisions, and participated in some great discussions. I feel like it went really well even though we didn't do a lot of prepwork or fancy things.
The day after the training was my half-birthday - March 15th. At our house, we do Nothing Bundt Cakes for our half-birthdays, and when David walked in with a little cake for me and our family to share it genuinely made me so happy. I had forgotten that it was my birthday, but he had not, and that meant the world to me. I didn't take a picture or anything, but the family sang to me, told me they loved me, and let me blow out a candle on my cake. Then I got half the cake and everyone else split the other half and it was just so sweet. Because I didn't take any pictures, I thought I'd share this most recent picture of David and I at the La Jolla beach because I love it so much and I love him so much.
On March 29th, I was at our Friday Coop teaching my classes when all the sudden I started not feeling very well. I pushed through until the end of class and then made it to the bathroom where I stayed while everyone else cleaned up. I could hear the kids outside looking for me, so I gathered myself up - got them in the car and drove home. Man, I was so sick I barely made it home! I texted the people that I was supposed to be meeting for a field trip (Tracey Aviary) and told them that I couldn't come then I dragged myself up to bed and basically asked Lydia to take care of the kids by putting on a movie downstairs because I couldn't function. I slept for most of the afternoon but kept waking up to my watch alerting me that my heart rate was too high. I felt awful, but the kids seemed fine, and I was grateful that they were old enough to mostly be okay while I was suffering in bed (ha - I'm mostly being dramatic - but I really was grateful, they did a great job and although they popped in an out occasionally to ask me a question they were kind and took care of each other while I slept). I mostly am adding this here because about dinnertime there was a knock on my bedroom door and it was my sweet friend Dani. She had gotten my text that I was sick (but did NOT know how sick I was) and had picked up dinner for us and a few things at the store. It was so kind, it made me cry. She sat by me on my bed and took care of me for a few minutes (helping me know whether I should be worried about the heart rate thing), then went back downstairs to get my kids settled until David got home, and then left us with the most delicious food and a heart full of warmth. I want to be a friend like her and I am SO grateful to have her as a friend.
Also, do not worry - I survived, high heart rate warning and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment