{1.5.24}
A little late in the season, but we still got our traditional While You Were Sleeping movie night in before we finished taking down Christmas. I love this movie so much and love watching it with David every year. ๐
{1.6.24}
First snow of 2024 (and feels like the first snow of the season). After such a snowy winter last season, we have been really missing the snow this year. This winter wonderland was made even better by the Haderlie cousin crew.
{1.22.24}
It has been an emotional week for our family. We are heartbroken at the loss of David’s mother, Sue. We are also so grateful for her immense love and faithful example. Her impact on our lives will be felt forever and we will miss her so much.
.
So many things that were simple and/or unremarkable in the moment feel so important now and I want to remember them all:
The movies she watched with my kids. The way she taught me to sew minky blankets. The recipes she patiently demonstrated and then supervised. The way she lovingly welcomed me into her family and heart and treated me as if I were her own. I love this woman so much and am so grateful for her.
{2.1.24}
It’s Thursday.
I wanted to post something about how much we had treasured our Thursdays with Sue. Or about how she recently pulled me aside to tell me how proud she was of me and what a wonderful mother she thought I was. Or how it’s hard to keep posting about other things because it’s hard to feel like we are moving on.
But instead I’m crying as my kids play outside in this not-snowy weather thinking about all the things and not knowing how to word any of them.
{2.2.24}
Last day of Ski School for these kids. It’s been such a great experience for Lydia and Austin. We are celebrating the last day with our Ski Bus friends with a movie party. Every one should have the chance to watch Cool Runnings with such an awesome group of fun kids. It’s hilarious and so fun to hang with them.
{2.10.24}
Date to see Wonka with my Lydia. We were big fans! ๐ซ It was extra fun because we watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder last night and we loved the crossover (from the songs to the way he walks down stairs).
{2.28.24}
We are prepping for Caleb’s birthday party this week and while making his cake he told me “The best part of my birthday party will be being with you, Mom”. ๐ญ So yes, I did buy him the piรฑata he really really wanted- and we are going to enjoy it together. ๐
{3.13.24}
So glad we got to take the afternoon off and go for a snowy adventure in the mountains. This year hasn't been nearly as snow-filled as last year - so when it started snowing this morning we knew we needed to take advantage of it! Now the tricky question, do I wash our snowpants and put them away or do I hang them back up in the mudroom and hope for one more snowy adventure???
Our mudroom is packed full at the moment. All the winter things: snow gear, gloves, etc.. but also spring and summer things creeping in: rain boots, swim goggles, baseball mitts. There isn't enough space to hold the crossover for long!
{3.13.24}
It seems surreal that less than a week ago we were at the beach in California. Now, six days later, we are building snowgirls and sledding in the mountains. I love watching these four siblings as they adventure together.
{3.30.24}
Today we delivered our traditional Easter Surprise Egg Hunts to a couple of people in our neighborhood. It’s one of my favorite traditions because I love incorporating the service aspect into our holiday celebrations. It was made a little sweeter when our kids came out to a surprise egg hunt this morning, complements of our Ministering Brother and family.
.
I’ve been pretty emotional the past couple of weeks, having to leave group gatherings early before my emotions overflow, crying in the church library with the sweetest librarian, and trying to balance letting myself feel my emotions while still trying to juggle all of the balls. We didn’t do as many Holy Week activities this year, but I am holding close the faith and gratitude for a Savior who overcame pain, sickness, and death.













No comments:
Post a Comment