In January we went to the Foreigner at the Hale Center Theater Orem. It was a comedy and we had a really great time. This is the last year that Hale Center theater will be at it's current location as it will move to a brand new performance center in Pleasant Grove next year. We have loved this little theater and will be enjoying every play here this year.
In March we got a date and were able to go together to the Manti Temple Open house. This temple has been such an important place for Shantel since she grew up in Ephraim. We loved being able to walk through. Originally they were planning to make more significant alterations to the temple to make it more accessible, but changed course and decided instead to build a new temple in Ephraim and leave the Manti temple as much as possible as it was historically. So while they made some updates, it honestly looked like a historic pioneer temple which we loved. There was a ton of interest in the temple open house (I think more than they planned for), so we had to wait in line for a couple of hours to get in (but many others had to wait 4+ hours to get in). It was totally worth it.
While we were waiting in line we decided to look up houses in the area and found a couple of beautiful homes for sale. One had an open house and were were able to get an appointment to see another one. We were not particularly serious about moving to Ephraim (although we have given it the casual thought), but it was still so fun to be able to go and look at houses. We've been talking a lot about what we want in a house and where we want to live and I think this helps us. Both were party larges houses, but older so they had some kind of funky kinks. We had a great time looking at the house and then breaking down the good and the bad about them after.
Shantel got a Facebook reminder around the end of March as well, it reads, "Dear Shantel. I like you. I think you are great. I think that you are very beautiful. What does all that mean? It means I will try to get you to cuddle on the couch with me tonight and also sneakily turn on the NCAA tournament! Just because I love you does not mean I want college basketball to feel left out ;)"
Shantel really is the best and I love that she'll enjoy the NCAA tournament with me!


No comments:
Post a Comment