If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Things

This week highlights five things from our week. We woke up as little sickies this morning, and my head is still a bit fuzzy so there probably won't be a whole lot of elaboration.

1-When David and I got married, we received a stir crazy as a gift. We loved it, and after going through several small bags of popcorn kernels  we spied this 50 lb beaut at Sams club. It was much more cost effective than buying the  small bags and so we decided it was worth it and brought it home with us. The next four years were filled with popcorn, popcorn, (some Hidden Valley Ranch dressing) and more popcorn. We finally finished off the bag and decided that we had to document our "achievement". Don't judge us. There are way worse things we could have been eating than popcorn (and believe us, our bank account thanked us for the inexpensive snacking).


2- We've been able to hang out with friends a couple of times this week. The Griffins came over for dinner and games. Both Kyle and Chelsea were good sports and played "7 Wonders" with us. This is David's new favorite game that he got for Christmas.

And the Coopers were so nice to invite us over for dinner so that I could concentrate on packing instead of cooking and then cleaning up the kitchen. It was seriously such a blessing. I honestly was going to have David pick up a pizza on the way home from work. (We don't do that very often - but it was one of those days.) Thank goodness for good friends who take care of us. Ashley made some delicious White Chicken Chili with cornbread. It was delicious! David raved about the cornbread even after we left. (I am notoriously bad at making cornbread. He was so happy to finally have some sweet and non-crunchy cornbread to go with his chili. The cornbread really was delicious.) 






(And yes, both Scott and David were there. No, we did not get a picture of either of them.) 

2-  One of my best friends from Utah State is getting married! Cassie came over for dinner the other day so we could meet her then-boyfriend Colin. Just a few days later they were engaged! I'm so lucky to be able to be helping her with her wedding announcements, and she even let Lydia and I tag along as she went wedding dress shopping. I'm so excited for her, and so happy that we were able to make it to watch her try on dresses. I love, love, love wedding dresses and it was such a good time to chat about them with Cassie. SO happy for her and Colin. (And the dresses she was trying on were gorgeous. She is going to be stunning come this May!)





4- If I could sum up our week in one word - it would be "packing". Don't be confused at this nice, neatly stacked pile of boxes. It doesn't account for the boxes packed and stuck in the hall closet, outdoor shed, or in the bedrooms. It also doesn't show the disaster that the rest of the house is. Rooms are in shambles as we pick and choose what to pack and sift through the things that we "need" and the things that we can live without for the next month.

5- Today, January 18, 2013, is the 7 year mark of David returning home from his mission. I am so grateful for him, for his testimony, and for his missionary service. I surprised him by hanging this sign up so he could see it when he woke up this morning. I was also planning a big bacon breakfast - but we both woke up with sore throats so we bagged that idea. It seems like a silly thing - but I think it's important to recognize such a significant milestone. I can picture future years where we celebrate with our children and David can tell them stories of his mission and we can bear our testimonies of missionary work. (One year I made a cake and one year I made pupusas. I just love recognizing and celebrating this day.)

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love that huge bag of popcorn! Over the course of 4 years, that's not bad at all! Also, I'm glad that David liked the cornbread. I was loving it and quite enjoyed snacking on it all day yesterday. Until I got whatever bug Carson had the other night, and now I never want to eat cornbread ever again. :(

Unknown said...

Yay for popcorn! I bought Brad and myself a StirCrazy Popcorn Maker too and we love it! Also, you look beautiful in the posted pictures. Wish we could all hang out together.
~Eve

Melissa said...

That is so sweet of you to make that sign for David! I bet he loved it! I hope that Lydia doesn't get as sick as you two and that you two get feeling better!