We have cabinets and counters. Hooray, hooray! I think that this is the biggest step since the sheetrock. It makes the most difference in making our house look like, well... a house! I think that the next biggest difference will be the carpet, and when that goes in we will be almost completely done!
We absolutely love the dark cupboards. I'll be honest, I'm a sucker for a white kitchen. I think that they are beautiful. Really, just gorgeous. But it was a huge upgrade and we couldn't really justify the $$$. Plus, I think that the dark is just as pretty. I'm SO happy with the way it turned out. I think that it will be pretty for a really long time. At least, that is our hope.
 |
| Our tech center. |
 |
| I love the way the grey counters and the dark wood work with the grey/tan floor. It looks so pretty in person. |
 |
| Kids bathroom. |
 |
| Laundry room. Yay! A counter, a window, a sink, and a dividing door. I'm in LOVE! |
 |
| Master bathroom. |
 |
| All of the lighting is now in as well. Actually, not all of it - but most of it. Just the hanging lights like the dining area and pendent lights are missing. |
 |
| A closeup of the grey counter. |
 |
| A closeup of the pretty floor. |
There are some big changes coming soon! We are SO so excited about the way everything is coming together. It's always a little nervewracking because you pick out the colors and patterns from these little 12 inch swatches and it's hard to imagine how everything is going to look when it is all put together. I'm really glad that it's coming along so well. We will be living there within the month!
And here is another cute picture just for the heck of it. Can you believe our house used to be nothing but a hole in the ground?
6 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dark cabinetry! I'm so excited to see it in person. Also, praying for a closing date that's sooner rather than later. :)
One more also, I'm feeling very sad that we won't be in the same ward anymore. Today while I was putting Elsie down for her nap, I felt super sad that Elsie and Lydia wouldn't be in the same Primary class. Silly, I know. Then I decided that Scott and I needed to move over there so we can be next door neighbors. :) Okay, I know, that's not actually going to happen. I can dream though, right? I'm sad you're a little farther away, but I'm so glad that you're still close enough we can play.
love it! glory hallelujah! how exciting!! what finish did you choose for the cabinets? who are your neighbors going to be over there? i'll tell my friends that you are the coolest people ever!!
Love the dark cabinets! What a bold choice!! They look so classy!
Love it! Can't wait to see it "put together" with all of your belongings and personal touches!
You are so sweet! We aren't sure exactly who our neighbors are... Maybe a Jensen or maybe a Danika? We started writing them down but lost the notebook. The finish is called Espresso. We really love it! Hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment