If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Five

1- My mom came down to visit on Monday and Tuesday. It was SUCH a fun time. 

There are boxes and boxes of old pictures at my parents house and my mom brought some when she came down so that we could start scanning them in. The idea is to eventually have all of our photos digitized and to be able to each have a flash drive with all the photos, plus a folder of the photos just of us. We made it most of the way through one box and we feel awesome! Here are some of my favorite pictures that we scanned in: 


2-Wednesday it was my sweet Jenna sister's 23rd birthday! (What? Aren't I still 23? Weird.) My parents  and brother were driving up to Idaho Falls to take her out to dinner and they invited Lydia and I to come along for the ride. We had such a great time. I love that I can just pick up and go places like this and want to take advantage as much as possible because soon it won't be as easy. Meaning - as soon as we have more kids I won't be able to just pop one carseat into my parents car... I will have to drive everywhere that I want to go. So Lydia and I are doing our best to make the most of our time. We went out to eat at Big Juds and split two of their giant hamburgers. Seriously... this burger was bigger than Lydia. It was super fun and I'm so glad that we were able to go. Afterwards we went back to their new apartment to open presents and eat cheesecake.





3-Thursday it was pool time with the Coopers! Ashley, Carson and Elsie came over and we headed to the pool. I accidentally forgot our little key fob, but rather than having to walk all the way home to get it we were lucky enough to arrive at the same time as another person who let us come in with them. Of course, we then had to borrow someone's fob to get out of the pool as well. Glad that there were people there! (Memo to self: Don't forget your key fob again.) It was a little windy but we had a great time. I love that we have a pool so it's okay if we just want to go over for an hour. We don't have to go for 4 hours to make it worth it. As we were walking home, Carson wanted to ride in the stroller so we stuck Elsie and Lydia together in the other stroller. After a few minutes of fussing about the arrangement, they got comfortable and we successfully walked home with all three children in a stroller. It was awesome.


4-We mowed the lawn for the first time since we got our sod in! Long story: We were so busy trying to get our sod in that we didn't buy a lawn mower until after it was installed. You can't cut it for a few weeks anyway so we weren't worried. Then Wendy and Sam convinced us that their new lawn mower was the best best best, so we knew we wanted to buy that one and ended up buying it online (free shipping). Unfortunately, it didn't get shipped. Then it got held up again. Finally David called on Monday and it shipped on Wednesday and will be here next Monday. Boo. We didn't want our sod to go to seed - so I ended up posting on our neighborhood facebook group and asking if we could borrow someone's mower. Several people volunteered (I love our neighborhood) and during Lydia's afternoon nap I went out and got 'er mowed. It was surprisingly difficult (hills, still a little soft, lots of rocks to mow around.) But I have hopes that it will get easier. 


5- David's brother, Matt, and his family, Julie, Averie, and Olivia are in town from where they live in Indiana. Tonight we had them over for dinner and are then went mini-golfing at Trafalga (Or I guess now it is called the Seven Peaks Fun Center). It was a really good time and loved seeing them. We left the camera in the car, so we didn't get any great pictures of us actually golfing - but we did snap a few pictures before we left. 



Happy Friday! 

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Shantel! I LOVE the picture of you on the horse! You're darling!!!

Ashley said...

Oops, didn't finish my comments. Those hamburgers are INSANE! Wow!

I'm a little jealous that you have a lawn to mow. I miss mowing a lawn. :)

Unknown said...

I love the lions head fountian at the zoo!

Ashley said...

I know that three comments on one post is out of control. But the last picture you added is so cute! I love it.