Dear Kitchen Floor,
I'm sorry that I can't keep you clean for more than 6 hours, and that's only if it's at night and everyone is sleeping. I thought that I'd finally be successful after my last deep cleaning attempt when I stopped letting people eat in the kitchen (Peanut butter sandwiches in the bathtub? Don't mind if we do.) But alas, I couldn't hold back the tide and you are again, albeit lovingly, smeared with banana goop and cheerio crumbs.
Dear Mint.com,
Thank you for faithfully tracking our budget every month. You continually save us money and make sure we stay on track for our financial goals. I'm sorry we've neglected you for the last month, but don't worry - we have a hot date planned to sit down with our receipts and make sure everything is allocated to the right place. See you soon. ;)
Dear iOS X upgrade,
Why oh why did I download you?!? I didn't realize that you would actually change the way my programs functioned. Now I can't utilize my iPhoto albums in the same way and I'm not sure how to handle it. Couldn't you have just made my computer faster without messing with my mojo? I'm now trying to adjust to the change and wish that I wasn't.
Dear October,
The weather yesterday was incredible. I love you!
Dear Wasps,
Take that! Elite Pest Control has got our backs. Now, please go away and never return. (I'm talking about each and every one of the four nests you've built up inside the eaves of our home.)
Dear Towne Cinema,
We love your cheap movie tickets and sticky floors. Don't let the naysayers get you down, we adore you. We loved your showing of "Inside Out", and will be back soon with our 3-year-old in tow because in her words "I'm bigger now and I can go to the movies, too."
Dear Stack of Unread Library Books,
I'm sorry that I have to return you without getting to know you better. As a book lover, I can't resist your bright covers and captivating back page summaries but I just can't seem to find the time to devote to you. Don't you worry though, I'll write you down on my ever-lengthening book list and I'll be back for you... someday.
Dear General Conference,
Thank you for lifting my spirits and helping me regain my focus. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by the whirlwinds and badness in the world around me and hearing such powerful messages of God and His love give me something to hold on to. Thank you for strengthening my grip.
Dear Cornbelly's,
You are far too expensive for me to even consider going to this year. I'm sorry about that. But, thank you for all the Friday night fireworks! We love watching them from our front porch.
Dear Thursday,
You are one of my favorite days of the week. Thanks for speeding us toward the weekend and for giving me one more day to enjoy this wonderful life of ours.
4 comments:
YOu are really good at these kinds of posts! I hear ya on the unread books. I used to be a reader, then I stopped for a while. These days I am dying to get back into reading, but can't seem to find the time!
Loved this a whole lot. My favorite part was lydia saying that she is big and can go to movies too :)
Maybe this will help-on the iOS upgrade. I hear you! But I figured it out. At least for the problem that I was having. It switches you to the new photo program (which I hated!), but iPhoto is still on the computer. So you can search for that and still use that. I have no clue if that is your problem. :)
I installed the update on my iPhone and I hate hate hate it. Terrible life choice right there.
Post a Comment