Shantel and I have been so looking forward to General Conference. Our kids have been counting down just as much.
The Monday before conference Lydia gave a great lesson about listening to the prophet. It is incredible to see her testimony grow.
She even made this replica of a TV with general conference playing.As usual we did conference bags with lots of activity and candy. We also did cups with candy that the kids could grab when they heard the word on the cup (Temple, Faith etc). Austin and Lydia did a great job listening. Caleb basically went to grab 5 candies every time he remembered there was candy within his reach (Ha ha.).
The challenge for you and me is to make certain that each of us will achieve his or her divine potential. Today we often hear about “a new normal.” If you really want to embrace a new normal, I invite you to turn your heart, mind, and soul increasingly to our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. Let that be your new normal. Embrace your new normal by repenting daily. Seek to be increasingly pure in thought, word, and deed. Minister to others. Keep an eternal perspective. Magnify your callings. And whatever your challenges, my dear brothers and sisters, live each day so that you are more prepared to meet your Maker.
He also spoke against racism and gave a power lesson on the meaning of Israel (which has an interpretation of "Let God Prevail").
I assure you that your standing before God is not determined by the color of your skin. Favor or disfavor with God is dependent upon your devotion to God and His commandments and not the color of your skin.
I grieve that our Black brothers and sisters the world over are enduring the pains of racism and prejudice. Today I call upon our members everywhere to lead out in abandoning attitudes and actions of prejudice. I plead with you to promote respect for all of God’s children.
The question for each of us, regardless of race, is the same. Are you willing to let God prevail in your life? Are you willing to let God be the most important influence in your life? Will you allow His words, His commandments, and His covenants to influence what you do each day? Will you allow His voice to take priority over any other? Are you willing to let whatever He needs you to do take precedence over every other ambition? Are you willing to have your will swallowed up in His?
One of the most powerful talks was by Elder Holland who encouraged us to be patient in our trials. His inspired words taught us to wait on the timing of the Lord.
Shantel felt inspired by Elder Eyring's talk, "Sisters in Zion" on Saturday night.
Charity is the pure love of Christ. And it is faith in Him and the full effects of His infinite Atonement that will qualify you, and those you love and serve, for the supernal gift to live in that sociality of a long-looked-for and promised Zion. There you will be sisters in Zion, loved in person by the Lord and those you have blessed.
I testify that you are citizens of the Lord’s kingdom on the earth. You are daughters of a loving Heavenly Father, who sent you into the world with unique gifts that you promised to use to bless others. I promise you that the Lord will lead you by the hand, through the Holy Ghost. He will go before your face as you help Him prepare His people to become His promised Zion. I so testify in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.
It is not possible to measure the blessing of having a living prophet. Living Apostles. Living revelation, both to the leaders of the church and to Shantel and I. We receive revelation specific for our family. It is a miracle. I know if we can strive to follow the teachings from this General Conference, our home will be strengthened over the next six months. Even in the midst of a pandemic, perhaps because we are in the midst of a pandemic, we can watch our faith grow, and watch our children's faith grow as we rely on the Savior. Jesus Christ lives. He is the Savior of the world. He came to guide us and lead us. All he asks is the we humble ourselves and trust in him. That we trust in our Heavenly parents and follow their plan. As the father of 4 children, I can see so much further than they can. Often they can only see a few steps ahead and I can see much further. Our Heavenly parents can see so much further ahead if we will simply heed them and the prophets they have sent, we will be blessed.


























No comments:
Post a Comment