If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Time

After Thanksgiving, David and I decided to pull out all of our Christmas stuff. We were excited to get our house decorated and festive. David dug around in our storage closet and found our Christmas tree, and the we spent the next half hour looking for the rest of our Christmas stuff. Finally we realized that we didn't have any other boxes of Christmas decorations. When we took down Christmas last year, we decided to stick our few decorations in the box with our tree.  We were a little disappointed in our sparse decor, but we were not to be deterred. Out of the box came our little tree and by the end of the night we had a beautifully lit Christmas tree.



Fluffing out the tree branches.
(Don't mind me, I'm just in my pajamas already.)
These are our only Christmas decorations. The lights on the tree, a little snowman, a christmas ornament and a Christmas wreath.
 
We bought our tree last year, but didn't have any money to buy ornaments (due to the fact that we spent all of our Christmas budget on a tree that we loved.) We figured that we would buy ornaments this year - but we are prepping to get into our house and don't really have the extra money around to go and buy tree decorations. So instead I decided to try my hand at making some ornaments for the tree. While David was at work, I enlisted the help of my niece Aubrey and we got to work.  

Aubrey helping me to roll out the salt dough.

As my Grandma always says "Watching is helping", and so Lydia was definitely a good little helper as well. Lydia was such a good girl and sat by the table in her high chair watching us the whole time. She played with toys, ate some food, and sucked on her bib. She is so funny.

I didn't get a great picture of the finished ornaments, but they turned out so cute. Aubrey and I painted them, then placed them on the tree with some candy canes. Now our house looks so festive and Christmas-y. To prove our festiveness, here is a darling picture of our little Christmas baby.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun to make salt dough ornaments! (I've never actually done that :)